A New Year means a fresh start. If you’re ready to leave 2020 behind, take time to set up your objectives for change in order to set yourself up for success. Allow your New Year’s resolutions to provide focus and direction for 2021.
Set Specific Goals
- Write down your goals and make them clear, precise and well-defined. The more specific they are, the more direction they’ll provide. It’s easy for vague or generalized goals to get lost in translation. Define to yourself what you would like to achieve and see what you would like to manifest.
Set Measurable Goals
- Accompany each goal with a precise date, amount, duration etc. so you can measure your progress as the year goes on. Give yourself the ability to quantifiably determine whether or not you have made progress; and if not, you can tailor your actions to keep yourself in line with your goals.
Set Attainable Goals
- Nobody knows yourself better than you. Make sure you lift yourself up by creating achievable goals. If you set the bar too high, you might loose confidence or demoralize your efforts. On the flip side, resist the urge to make your goals too easy. Set realistic, yet challenging goals and make an action plan.
Set Relevant Goals
- When thinking about your goals, ask yourself what you currently prioritize in your life whether it’s your relationships, career, health, etc. and set your goals accordingly to apply to your life. What change will most benefit you and have the most impact? What direction would you like to head? Now is the time.
Set Time Bound Goals
- Without a clear deadline, it’s easy to forget about our goals. Set a clear, manageable deadline so you’ll be able to check into your progress or celebrate your success. The deadline you set will also create a sense of urgency in order to decrease the change of sidelining your goals.
Clear Out 2020 with Sage
For more information, inspiration, or impactful practices, visit us at tranquilwellbeing.com or on our social channels @tranquilwb