The winter season is upon us and it’s especially important to take care of your mind, body and soul as the days get shorter and the nights get chillier. If you’re feeling uninspired, stuck or stagnant, we’re here to help! Today, we’ll discuss our top 3 tips to help stay grounded through the winter and a winter ritual that features our Small Smudge Kit.
Top 3 Tips to Stay Grounded in Winter
Go to Bed Earlier
Sleep is one of the best forms of self-care. Aim for at least 8 hours nightly and establish a wind down routine that promotes healthy relaxation. Make sure your bedroom is infused with calming crystals such as Amethyst, chakra balancing with our 7 Chakra Tapestry and protection with our Eye of Horus Dream Catcher.
Nourish Your Body with Warming Foods
In Ayurveda, the winter season is categorized by the Vata dosha which consists of air and space elements and is characterized by the feeling of dry, cold and brittle. If the mind, body and soul are imbalanced, this can lead to stagnation and lack of motivation or inspiration in daily life. One of the best ways to stay balanced is to create a feeling of stability and wholeness from the inside out through nourishment. Instead of cold foods, try switching to warming foods and use spices such as turmeric and cardamom. Hang our 7 Chakra Dream Catcher and Protective Elephant Talisman in your kitchen to infuse your food and kitchen with positive energy. For chakra balancing, place your recipes in our 7 Chakra Wall Hanger.
Sage Ritual with the Small Smudge Kit
Our Small Smudge Kit is one of our bestsellers. It’s a great essential to gift yourself or a loved one to begin your wellness journey. This kit includes one palo santo stick, a bundle of sage, a feather, and an abalone shell and stand. Sage and palo santo are both powerful natural cleansing tools. We’d recommend placing a kit in your bedroom and in your workspace so you can cleanse and invite in positive energy upon waking, during the day as you are working and before bed. Consistency and intention are the key to a healthy lifestyle!
1. Gather your Small Smudge Kit, a lighter and perhaps a crystal
2. Before you begin your ritual, take a deep breath, feel your body against the ground and feel a sense of complete support and relaxation -- from this place, set an intention or affirmation for your ritual such as "I am grounded" or "I am peaceful" (If you're interested in a weekly affirmation, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!)
3. Start by lighting the sage bundle until it catches flame; then blow out until only smoke remains -- walk around your space in a clockwise circle to bring good tidings in
4. Place your sage bundle safely back in the abalone shell and repeat step 3 with your palo santo
5. To complete your ritual, take a few more deep breaths and repeat step 2
We are here to guide you on your wellness journey. During the winter season, make sure to protect your energy by establishing a healthy bedtime routine and environment with calming crystals, nourish your body with well prepared food with protective talismans and create a smudging ritual that will cleanse your energy and invite good into your life. Release stagnation and invite in inspiration into your winter rituals.
For more information, inspiration, or impactful practices, visit us at tranquilwellbeing.com or on our social channels @tranquilwb
Guiding your journey to wellbeing through holistic healing products