It’s always a good time to declutter, but it can be hard to get started. The space you live in and the objects you place around you can have an impact on your mental state and your energy. Here are a few tips to create an intentionally aligned living or workspace that resonates with wellbeing.
5 Tips Before You Start to Declutter
- Do: Visualize what you want your space to look like and how you want to feel in your space
- Don’t: Overthink the process and allow yourself to become overwhelmed
- Do: Schedule an uninterrupted session to complete your task — gather donation bags, trash bags and organizational tools
- Don’t: Procrastinate or postpone and allow yourself to push the task aside; prioritize yourself and your living space and see a few decisions turn into progress
- Get ready and start decluttering
4 Tips to Declutter
- Let Go: Start by throwing away trash so you create space
- Use it, Love it or Lose it: Use this classic motto to help you decide what goes and what stays (You can use any mantra and your visualization to keep yourself on task)
- Manage Expectations: If the task feels overwhelming, focus on a manageable, but bothersome area that you know you can complete with satisfaction so you can build momentum and motivation for yourself.
- Time Yourself: Consider setting a timer for 30 minutes to a few hours to keep you on track
Once you see the difference and the change you create, you’ll be more likely to continue. Everybody has their own method of decluttering and cleaning; keep going and find what works for you.
3 Tips to Make Decluttering More Enjoyable
- Create a Positive Experience: Cleaning can be a physical and a mental challenge so try to make the experience an enjoyable one so you can create a positive habit — put on your favorite playlist or light some sage or palo santo to set the mood and try to change your thought patterns around the task
- Surround Yourself with Crystals: Infuse your space with fresh energy — consider a chakra, aventurine, amethyst, carnelian, clear quartz or rose quartz tree to help bring in healing, relaxation or purifying energy
- Reward Success: Treat yourself to something nice after your hard work
For more information, inspiration, or impactful practices, visit us at tranquilwellbeing.com or on our social channels @tranquilwb