Summer is the fiery season of creativity, manifestation and abundance. When our chakras are aligned and open, we can feel more motivated and capable of accomplishing our intentions and goals. With longer days and shorter nights, there’s plenty of time to be productive. Today, we’ll discuss how to balance chakras for summer with a special emphasis on the solar plexus chakra or Manipura chakra.
Chakras are energy centers along the body with seven major chakras: root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown. These energy centers are the intersection of thousands of meridians. You can imagine chakras like spinning wheels. When they become stuck, they don’t run as smoothly as before. These blockages can create mind, body and soul imbalances.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus or Manipura chakra, is your third chakra, located under your rib cage above the navel and is your seat of confidence, willpower, intuition, sense of self and ego. When your solar plexus is balanced, you’re able to tackle challenges and achieve what you want. When your solar plexus is blocked, it can be difficult to assert yourself in your life and feel like you’re in the seat of the driver.
It’s a delicate balance keeping yourself driven without burning out with the heat of the summer. As temperatures rise, try to keep your internal heat in balance. When our internal heat is overactive, we may be prone to aggression, digestive issues, frustration and controlling tendencies. The color of this season and of the solar plexus chakra is yellow.
- Focus on calming your body and mind with a gratitude meditation and breath work centered around your exhalations
- Burn your rose petal wrapped sage in the morning to invite in positive energy and in the evening to cleanse away the day's worries
- Wear your chakra bracelet or necklace as a reminder to stay balanced and intentional with your energy
- Place your chakra tree and tapestry in your bedroom to provide a space of tranquility — sleep is an essential part of wellbeing
- Keep your chakra stones in your bag as hold onto them during the day when you need a moment to breathe and reset
- Make sure to take care of your body by setting boundaries for self-care
- Eat a well balanced diet that is light and fresh to keep the heat at bay; so avoid overly spicy hot food
- Give yourself time outside to connect with nature and the sunlight
If you're interested in learning more about the 7 chakras, check out What Are Chakras?For more information, inspiration, or impactful practices, visit us at tranquilwellbeing.com or on our social channels @tranquilwb